Dermaplaning is a safe (provided the person performing it is properly trained) highly effective exfoliation and skin rejuvenation procedure. It is a physical exfoliation method that requires the use of a sterile surgical scalpel to gently shave the top layer of the skin, the stratum corneum, dead skin layer, and vellus hair, aka peach fuzz.
By removing that dead layer and hair from the face, the texture of the skin becomes much smoother and it helps with cell metabolism, which helps new skin come to the surface.
1071 NE 45th Street
Oakland Park, Fl 33334
Prerequisite: Licensed Esthetician and you must currently be employed under med spa or licensed physician.
The benefits of adding Dermaplaning treatments to your menu?
- Cost of treatment is low which means higher revenue
- This treatment is highly effective in skin toning, clarifying and re-texturizing with immediate results
- Great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for a deep exfoliation.
- Allows infusion of topical vitamin therapy, growth factors, peptides and more deep into the skin
- Dermaplaning Theory
- Purpose of Dermaplaning
- Dermaplaning vs other forms of physical exfoliation
- Hand pieces and blade types
- Instrument selection, preparation, use and disposal
- Technique for dermaplaning treatment, including: maneuvering the instrument, pre and and post procedure
- How to advertise and market
- Proper sanitation
All courses and schedules are available on a minimum class start. Classes may be cancelled, postponed or rescheduled due to class, faculty or instructor scheduling conflict, as well as in the case of insufficient enrollment. Skin Fitness Therapy reserves the right to make said changes without prior notice.
Cancellation policy is strictly enforced. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to training will result in lost registration fees paid but may be applied toward another class Canceling/rescheduling class results in a 50% credit within 7 days from class date. No shows are NOT refundable.
It is the responsibility of every licensed professional to check with their state’s board for rules and regulations related to their professional scope of practice.