Health Benefits of Pumpkin
Pumpkins are not just a Halloween Decoration, they are chock full of healthy vitamins and minerals!
Pumpkins are not just for carving! One cup of canned pumpkin provides 100% of the daily dose of Vitamin A, 20% daily dose of Vitamin C, 10% daily dose for Vitamin E, riboflavin, potassium, copper, manganese, and 5% of thiamin, B-6, folate, pantothenic acid, niacin, iron, magnesium and phosphorous! Whoa, that is a mouthful! So many nutrients densely packed in pumpkin! Visit our last blog post for some healthy pumpkin recipes by clicking this link. But pumpkin isn’t only for eating, there are many benefits for the skin as well!
Benefits of Pumpkin Seed Oil in Skin Care
- Increases cellular turnover – Pumpkin has natural enzymes and acids to help increase cellular turnover by revealing young and healthy skin. This process also stimulates the skin to produce cells at a faster rate which in turn leaves the skin glowing!
- High anti-oxidant – Vitamin A and C are both well-known anti-oxidants that help protect the skin from free radical damage.
- Increases skin’s firmness – Vitamins A and C also contribute in stimulating the collagen production, which helps increase the skin’s firmness.
- Anti-inflammatory – Pumpkin is a natural anti-inflammatory helping reduce puffiness and redness.
- Controls oil production – The zinc in pumpkin helps balance hormones and control excess oil, making it perfect for acne sufferers.
- Repairs Skin’s natural barrier function – Pumpkin contains a high dose of fatty acids and Vitamin E that help regulate the skin’s natural barrier function, which makes it a great ingredient in moisturizers.
If you want to reap the benefits of pumpkin on your skin, try these amazing Skin Fitness Therapy products to improve the overall health of your skin!