SKIN TYPES: All skin types
BENEFITS: Cell Tex Vitamin C Moisturizing Cream is a “hormonal-ascorbic acid” moisturizer that stimulates skin’s immune response to repair and reverse sun and age-related skin damage. Based on the principle that ascorbic acid plays a key role in adrenal steroidogenesis and DHEA, (Dehydroepiandrosterone), a precursor hormone normally produced in the adrenal gland and the most abundant hormone in the blood stream, it is found in even higher levels in the skin. DHEA complements and augments the natural chemistry of ascorbic acid, sharpening skin’s response to this vitamin’s donor-electrons, which activate the enzyme responsible for tissue production.
DHEA is the most important hormone for the skin. Around the age band from 25-30, our bodies reduce the natural production of DHEA. Degeneration and the process of aging gradually become more apparent. After age 60, DHEA levels are barely detectable. Cell-Tex Vitamin C Cream combines the action of DHEA and vitamin C at common sites of activity for better penetration. This unique formulation pulls the activity of both Vitamin C and DHEA activity into areas not normally receptive when applied topically, i.e. where vitamin C donates electrons to enzyme processes responsible for tissue growth and free-radical elimination.
Hydrophilic ingredients (water) move well through the epidermis but cannot find their way through the stratum corneum. Our advanced ingredient technology combines a complex of DHEA-ascorbate, calcium ascorbate, and ascorbyl palmitate which “by-passes” this barrier function of the skin and reaches deeper targets. Ascorbyl palmitate favors the granular layer; calcium ascorbate favors the malphighian layer; and calcium ascorbate favors the basal cell layer.
The palmitate and stearate forms of ascorbic acid are fat-soluble and are, subsequently, the forms needed to push vitamin C inside the cell, where it is a potent protectant against the toxicity of super-oxygen free radicals (water-soluble vitamin C can’t do this!). These ascorbates are designed to be stable and more penetrating, resulting in more power and efficacy.
Safe and effective potency upgrades for topical ascorbic acid can be found in the realm of “derivatives” – a group of compounds whose molecular architecture has been altered to greatly expand the range of benefits naturally afforded by basic vitamin C. The effect of ascorbic acid on collagen synthesis is usually attributed to its role in the conversion of proline, but there is growing evidence that it directly stimulates collagen peptide synthesis.
- Strengthens all connective tissue
- Promotes wound healing
- Promotes capillary integrity
- Prevents capillary permeability
- Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles
- Repairs sun damaged and photo-aged skin
- Brightens and lightens skin tone
- Pyrenees oriental: natural spring water from France, rich in minerals and sulphur
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone): collagen boosting, improves skin brightness, hydration and aids in absorption of Vitamin C
- Ascorbic acid: antioxidant, reduces pigmentation, boosts collagen, improves skin’s natural healing response, defense against UV damage, heals and fades post-inflammatory pigmentation from breakouts
- Calcium ascorbate: stable form of Vitamin C, antioxidant, boosts collagen production, heals inflammation, lightening, reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Ascorbyl palmitate: oil soluble and stable form of Vitamin C, readily absorbed by the skin, antioxidant, collagen boosting, brightens skin tone and helps prevent wrinkles
- Honey enzymes: anti-bacterial, humectant, antioxidant
- Beta-fructan: moisture binding and skin-softening
Apply daily after cleansing and toning onto face and neck. A slight tingle may occur. When using for the first time, start by applying only 3 times a week for the first two weeks, gradually increasing as skin tolerates.
Pyrenees oriental, DHEA, ascorbic acid, calcium ascorbate, ascorbyl palmitate, honey enzymes, plant extracts and derivatives, beta-fructan, coconut and proprietary blend of essential oils
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children.